The sandy fish are swimming their way around the world! Here is the complete festival screening list. (more…)
Back when I made my first films, I had stacks of hundreds of drawings – one for each frame of the film – leftover after everything was shot and transferred to tape. (more…)
I have mixed feelings about revealing my animation secrets. On the one hand, I’ve put in long hours of experimentation to hone my techniques and they are what set my animation apart from the crowd. (more…)
A very big sandy “Thank You!” to all the wonderful people behind this film. (more…)
The Tangled Tale Store is now open! If you missed out on all the swag from the Kickstarter campaign, never fear! You can still order DVDs, prints and note cards by clicking the button below. Thanks for being a part of the film’s success!
I am pleased to announce that “A Tangled Tale” has been awarded a Big Sky Festival Grant from the Montana Film Office. Come make a film in Montana and we can go fishing in between takes!
Awards and Mentions
* “A Tangled Tale” has been awarded a Big Sky Film Grant by the Montana Film Office!
* 1st Prize at the ASIFA-San Francisco Spring Festival
* Read an interview with Director Corrie Francis Parks on the Skwigly Animation Blog
* Some local Montana luv from the Big Sky Weekly.
* Our kickstarter rewards featured on the Kickstarter Tumblr!
* Read Signe Baumane’s top picks from the Tricky Women Animation Festival.
* TT featured on Mid-Current’s Video Hatch
* Want to find out more about what goes into a Kickstarter campaign? You can read the full report on Corrie’s Blog: Reflections on a Kickstarter Adventure
Corrie Francis Parks
That’s me! I’m an award-winning animator, creator of 6 short films and numerous commercial works. I approach each project from a fresh perspective of stylistic opportunity, aiming to strike a balance between communication and visual innovation. When not in my studio animating away, I’m out playing in the closest mountain range.
Mark is part of the San Francisco based group, Tin Hat Trio. In addition to his work with Tin Hat, Mark has a vibrant career as a composer, and frequently works with film. In fact, he was nominated for Best New Composer by The International Film Music Critics Association in 2006 and was recently a Sundance Institue Composer Fellow. I’m thrilled to be working with him on “A Tangled Tale”.
Cole Pierce is an artist and videographer living in Chicago. He earned his MFA (2007) from Northwestern University, exhibits his work internationally and co-authors Field Mic, a sound art and music blog. He worked on the score and sound design of Life in Perpetual Beta, a feature length documentary and has produced numerous short documentaries of education programs for the Chicago Teachers’ Center of NEIU.